In-home, Office Visit, or Secure Video Appointment
60-90 Minute Consultation: During our visits we address concerns or challenges you may have and empower you with tips and a plan to meet your breastfeeding or feeding goals. I use a holistic, evidence based approach to evaluate any issues and work to find a root cause. This means looking at medical history, social and emotional history, and more. I work with your providers and refer to specialists where needed.
We will discuss strategies and form a plan of care to help you achieve your feeding goals.
Includes: Secure messaging and email support for one week to support you after your appointment, referrals, and customized written care plan.
You may need support with:
- Wanting to get breastfeeding off to a great start
- Prenatal education or concerns
- Coaching and postpartum support even if you don’t have any particular breastfeeding issues
- Painful latch or struggles to latch
- Nipple damage
- Plugged ducts, engorgement, and mastitis
- Food intolerances or allergies
- Baby not gaining weight well
- Increasing supply
- Forceful let-down or milk flow
- Returning to work planning
- Pumping troubleshooting and flange fitting
- Bottle feeding methods and formula preparation options
- Multiples (twins, etc.)
- Tandem nursing
- Starting solids
- Tongue ties
- Special medical considerations (NICU, heart conditions, tube feeding, and more)
- and more…
How do I to prepare for a Lactation Visit?
Choose a time when you and baby will be together. Preferably a third person, especially for virtual visits is awesome! This allows you to be handsfree breastfeeding while someone else can hold the camera. For in home or office visits, an extra person can help you implement or remember skills learned and provide an extra set of support to you. Choose a space for the visit that you are comfortable breastfeeding in. Do NOT worry about how clean your home is!